Project Coordinator - Hayward, CA
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Fabrication Project Coordinator is the main point of contact in managing the customer quote and order process from start to finish, including coordinating with internal and external contacts as needed to facilitate all aspects of each customer project as assigned by supervisor.|
- Manages complex customer orders from start to finish, including all open orders, quotes, returns, claims, pricing discrepancies, expedited purchases/orders, loose material substitutions, etc., until the issues have been resolved and all phases of the order are complete.
- Manages all elements in creating customer quotes, including, loose material, stocklisting, fabrication, etc. Determines margins, freight costs, pipe costs, and other financial elements that directly impact branch profitability based on pre-defined pricing strategies.
- Manages daily production meetings, including developing the load schedule, production schedule, and reviewing open back orders and expected receipts and truck schedule with other facility managers.
- Schedules shipment of product with regard to customer requirements and cost to branch.
- Manages all elements associated with establishing and maintaining contract pricing for customers.
- Negotiates material deadlines.
- Acts as main point of contact within branch for customers as assigned by supervisor, including following up on lost quotes, being available to the CSRs to help resolve daily issues arising with customers and departments, managing complex problem resolution, and fielding inquiries and orders when Customer Service Representatives are not available.
- Reports abilities and or deficiencies in processes as they affect the level of service and profitability of the company.
- Gathers data and reports information to the branch or regional operations manager, and others as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates the directives of the company as they relate to improving the level of service by conducting meetings with the appropriate personnel and departments.
- Minimum 2 year degree in a technical field or 4-5 years previous experience
- Experience with project coordination and managing multiple projects at one time
- Experience in a customer service/order entry role required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Experience in fire protection industry a plus
- JD Edwards/AS400 experience a plus
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.