Warehouse Manager - Santa Fe Springs, CA
|Location:||Santa Fe Springs, CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Warehouse Manager coordinates and/or performs the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. Responsible for the completion of inventory cycle counts and accuracy, back order filling, as well as the movement of materials into and out of the facility including the coordination of freight movement and carrier selection. Works to manage within budget goals.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training in all warehouse functional areas (ship, receive, inventory, material handling, etc.).
- Process transactions using RF technology and/or paper pick ticket according to method used within facility. Ensure all materials are packed properly.
- Audit incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure accuracy.
- Operate powered and manual equipment in order to pick/pack orders and/or receive stock, including steel pipe.
- Coordinate with other departments daily to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Assure that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards.
- Conduct and record regular safety meetings and training.
- Lead continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Troubleshoot all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Utilize software to accurately ship packed materials and utilize rate-shopping software for LTL shipments.
- Coordinate transportation logistics, including Viking truck deliveries and driver schedules.
- Manage warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
- Utilize current operating system in inquiries for shipping, receiving, and back order-filling functions. Provide coverage of additional assigned responsibilities in manager's absence.
- Supervise assigned employees, including assessing and planning for overtime needs.
- Work to budget goals.
- Demonstrated leadership ability through professional experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field or an Associate's degree with additional equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- PC proficiency at an intermediate level, min.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.