|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for conducting the daily Quality activities associated with process control of production, product components, maintaining of quality management systems, interface with external auditors, identification of internal quality losses, identification of supplier non-conformance issues, initiating continuous improvement proposals and the clear communication of Quality concerns to Director of Quality along with appropriate departmental management. |
- Develops all types of inspection and testing methods to ensure only materials meeting established specifications are accepted and processed into Operation's supply chain.
- Initiates and completes nonconforming material "hold" tag process within Quality Management System.
- Leads and assists the Director of Quality with approval agency in-plant audits, routine inspections, and test activities (UL, FM, ISO, etc.).
- Supports the Quality Management System (QMS) through participation in the Internal Audit program, preventative action communications, and corrective action processes.
- Operates, schedules, and maintains the Quality Lab equipment to support Production and other department requirements.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings for inspecting and measuring of product components, associated tooling, fixtures, and finished goods.
- Assembles samples and/or components on measuring table for gathering of measurements or testing.
- Reviews sample submissions from suppliers and/or vendors for dimensional accuracy.
- Designs and/or procures the necessary fixturing for measuring product / component samples.
- Develops documentation methods for presenting, reporting, maintaining, and archiving of measurement data.
- Participates in NPD launch process, conducting design reviews with respect to Quality requirements of new products, develops gauging plans, control plans and PFMEA.
- Participates, as required, in support of site Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Engineering Change Request(ECR) processes.
- Participates in the development of, and review of, Receiving Inspection documentation and process.
- Participates in administrative-type research duties as requested to support customer requests from a Quality Assurance perspective concerning certifications, conformance, funding models, and agency approvals.
- Responsible for creating or giving direction to Quality technicians to produce quality plans, new visual standards, and new work instructions associated with new product launch or revision of existing products.
- Responsible for entering critical data for documentation purposes into Quality Assurance department databases and associated company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool.
- Assist Technical Services department with investigative activities associated with customer returns.
- Acts in accordance with ISO9001 to support the external customer experience during advanced corporate and quality planning activities.
- Reviews both R&D / Engineering dimensional documentation to produce initial product dimensional layouts for development of corporate standards in regards to product reliability and production repeatability from a Quality Assurance perspective.
- Recommends methods of component layout and gauge design from Quality perspective.
- Coordinates with R&D, Engineering, and/or Manufacturing to document on-going measurement update requirements on process prints.
- Participates in, reviews results of, and gives approval to prototype and production sample runs.
- Supports statistical process control tasks for the site from a Quality perspective.
- Reviews results of system and product audits by Quality staff and facilitates any necessary preventative or corrective actions.
- Monitors layout activities to ensure product conformity to requirements.
- Monitors Quality Assurance calibration program to assure gauges, and any other calibrated equipment, have been properly calibrated to approved standards, meet calibration schedule dates, and have documented traceability of most recent calibrations.
- Tracks and coordinates supplier quality pre-planning, sampling, and first piece approval submissions.
- Participates in external and internal customer product concerns and initiates corrective action as required.
- Visits supplier facilities to review product quality processes and as required visits end-product user facilities to identify quality issues.
- Leads the development, execution, and development of preliminary process set-up studies (DOE).
- Provides reports from a Quality Assurance perspective concerning process capabilities for production using Statistical Process Control methods as requested.
- Develops and documents Quality processes for receiving inspection and production floor.
- Notifies the Director of Quality of any problems which adversely affect product quality.
- Exhibits and promotes safe work practices.
- Participates in site problem solving projects, represents Quality department at site meetings, and captures pertinent Quality Assurance documentation as requested by Director of Quality.
- Implements changes concerning ISO 9001 requirements that impact Quality System Manual and departmental Quality System Procedures.
- Submits test information as requested, maintains correspondence, and keeps appropriate records per regulatory requirements.
- Monitors housekeeping of Quality Assurance Lab area and controls sample retention.
- Participates in defining and executing business unit goals.
- Assists with development and maintaining of receiving inspection process and manufacturing process from a statistical analysis perspective concerning sampling methods.
- Monitors housekeeping of area and controls sample retention.
- Participates in defining and executing business unit goals and objectives for scope of Quality Management Systems beyond local manufacturing site as defined by Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in engineering or quality-related field with two(2) to four(4) years of successful work experience in a quality related role Must have strong statistical experience, receiving inspection experience, and ability to read Engineering drawings within a 'quality testing' and 'quality analysis' environment.
- Trained in ISO 9001 and certified as an internal auditor. RABQSA certification is recommended.
- Ability to use statistics and capability analysis to review suppliers and internal information to identify trends, draw conclusions, and implement change.
- Ability to perform geometric tolerance and dimensional analysis.
- Ability to conduct systematic problem solving projects.
- Ability to differentiate between symptoms of problems and root cause.
- Minimum of four(4) years experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, AutoCad, and PowerPoint.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.