Customer Service Supervisor - Santa Fe Springs, CA
|Location:||Santa Fe Springs, CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service Supervisor performs duties and responsibilities of Customer Service Representative 1 and 2 with additional responsibilities as described below. The Customer Service Supervisor will manage 4 - 5 direct reports and provide training, leadership and support to both the Santa Fe Springs and Riverside locations.
- Customer Service Supervisor supervises customer service representatives within the branch while providing the tools to ensure the best service possible.
- Fields inquiries when tier 1 and 2 customer service representatives are not available.
- Customer Service Supervisor mentors tier 1 and 2 customer service representatives.
- Utilizes the company\'s training curriculum to define training expectations of the customer service representatives.
- Customer Service Supervisor measures performance of subordinates according to the metrics defined by management.
- Customer Service Supervisor is available to the CSRs as the authority to help solve the daily issues arising with customers and departments.
- Evaluates the individual performance of the CSRs and recognize their abilities and/or deficiencies while working with them for continuous improvement. This includes being thoroughly involved in the hiring, firing, and wage determination processes associated with improving the overall performance of the branch\'s customer service department.
- Customer Service Supervisor provides example leadership in creating an environment that motivates and raises employee morale by portraying a service oriented philosophy in a business like and professional manner.
- Reports abilities and or deficiencies in processes as they affect the level of service and profitability of the company.
- Performs functions required to gather and report information to the branch or regional operations manager, and others concerning the branch\'s level of customer service.
- Schedules CSR work loads, monitor time and accrual or hours worked, determines overtime requirements based on the needs of the company. This includes approving all CSR vacations and leaves of absence.
- Customer Service Supervisor manages all open orders, quotes, returns, claims, pricing discrepancies, etc., until the issues have been resolved.
- Approves all credits other than simple returns to SupplyNet branches other than those which are being handled personally by the branch or operations manager.
- Manages all elements associated with establishing and maintaining contract pricing for customers.
- Customer Service Supervisor ensures that CSRs follow all policies and procedures.
- Communicates the directives of the company as they relate to improving the level of service by conducting meetings with the CSRs and other appropriate personnel.
- Customer Service Supervisor communicates directly with customers, suppliers, and co-workers to help resolve issues when necessary.
- Performs the duties of the Operations Manager in their absence as those duties directly affect the customer service department.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a supervisor or manager.
- Minimum of 6 months in customer service or sales experience.
- Basic typing and keyboard skills.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Windows and Office products are a plus.
- 1 year working in a multitask environment while under time constraints.
- Basic arithmetic skills. Works well with whole numbers, fractions, decimals and measurements.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.