Associate Project Engineer
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, 401k, vacation and holiday pay|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Our entry level Associate Project Engineer position is responsible for the design and development of products related to the fire protection industry. Products will primarily consist of sprinklers. Designs prototypes using CAD and 3D modeling and conducts tests in accordance with internal and external laboratory standards, prepares project logs, develops procedures, and coordinates engineering changes.
The Associate Project Engineer will play a hands on role in the Research and Development department. We are looking for a professional who enjoy's the engineering process from beginning to end including; designing, fabricating, prototyping and testing.
- Analyzes and conducts development projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Has working knowledge of approval standards, company manuals, and other test literature.
- Has knowledge of engineering schematics, wiring diagrams, and operating instructions and interprets requirements.
- Corresponds with approval agency personnel and vendors.
- Designs test samples or prototypes using CAD and 3D modeling.
- Prepares project logs; writes reports, procedures, work orders, laboratory test requests, material requisitions, purchase order, bill of materials, and engineering change requests.
- Operates machines and uses instruments to perform tests and measure parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a high level of creativity.
- Knowledge of castings, screw machine, and stampings is helpful.
- Experience in ProE, Microsoft office, and AutoCad is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong project management and communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.