Fabricator - Lead 2nd Shift - Richmond, VA
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for working with Fabrication Manager to manage assigned activities on the shop floor related to production and quality control. Support Fabrication Manager to ensure delivery schedules are met while controlling labor costs. Assist Fabrication Manager in monitoring production output on a daily basis to make sure production standards (output per person) are met. Contribute to maintenance of production equipment. This position can recommend personnel actions, with oversight and approval from the Fabrication Manager, and oversees most day-to-day operations. This position will work Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm. |
- Assure that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all company and government standards, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Handle additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the Fabrication Manager or Branch Operations Manager, including performing the Fabrication Manager's duties in their absence.
- Ensure all machines and equipment are used properly and safely.
- Report all safety, product, machine maintenance, and manpower issues and needs to Fabrication Manager in a timely manner. Monitor daily machine maintenance and perform basic equipment set-up functions.
- Set an example for others with personal work ethics, positive attitude, and good attendance.
- Follow Fabrication Manager's lead to orient and train new employees.
- Encourage all employees to attain maximum productivity through leadership and observation.
- Work with Fabrication Manager to assign and coordinate employees' daily work assignments and hours, including assessing additional work time as needed to ensure daily completion of scheduled work.
- Monitor schedule, breaks, and lunches of personnel so as to minimize down time.
- Monitor production schedule and alert Fabrication Manager of potential problems or bottlenecks.
- Perform quality control operations, and report results of quality audits to Fabrication Manager.
- Work with Fabrication Manager to anticipate workload requirements and stage product and resources accordingly. Report all material needs, discrepancies, or changes to purchasing/inventory control (warehouse attendant), and/or Fabrication Manager in a timely manner.
- Work with Fabrication Manager to plan and achieve production goals.
- Perform a variety of fabrication tasks as required by production needs, including operating powered and manual material handling equipment, loading and unloading pipe, and operating powered and/or manual banding equipment as needed to ready pipe bundles for shipment.
- Lead continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Previous welding experience.
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals with the ability to read a tape measure in increments.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading personnel in fabrication environment, preferably within fire sprinkler industry.
- Knowledge of machinery used in steel pipe fabrication, and welding, cutting, and threading techniques is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.