Inventory Control Assistant
|Location:||Carol Stream , IL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Inventory Control Assistant coordinates activities to support tracking, purchasing, and controlling inventory at Viking SupplyNet and Viking Fabrication. |
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily backorder report.
- Conducts daily cycle counts reconciliation.
- Resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Conducts New Item set-up.
- Purchases and expedites backordered items to meet deadlines
- Assists with purchasing of steel pipe.
- Analyzes costs of steel pipe to assist with cost maintenance.
- Assists with steel pipe PO maintenance.
- Manages quotes for steel pipe.
- Transfers entries between locations as needed.
- Resolves vendor shipping errors.
- Conducts entry and updating of work orders.
- Acts as a back-up to the customer service function as needed.
- Coordinates claims.
- Confirms credit memos (COs and CD/OJs).
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must have excellent clerical, math and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to analyze daily work and prioritize time accordingly.
- Must be able to adapt to change and make sound decisions based on known facts.
- Must have experience coordinating between different departments and functions within a company to accomplish work.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and online tools.
- 2-4 years experience within inventory control/purchasing environment preferred.
- Prior experience with JDE software a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.