Customer Service Representative Hayward, CA
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, vacation, holiday, and 401k|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To act as the main point of contact in answering customer questions regarding products and services such as pricing, availability, and shipping information. To enter customer orders per their specifications. The Customer Service Representative is a full time position working Monday - Friday with and excellent benefits package. |
- Receives and processes orders, requests for quotation, returns, and credits in a manner consistent with company policies and standards.
- Works with sales, credit, inventory control, warehousing personnel, and other various departments to facilitate the needs of the customer.
- Minimizes the number of shipments while minimizing expenses incurred to meet the delivery requirements of the customer.
- Investigates order entry, shipping, and billing errors and coordinate solutions with the appropriate departments by taking ownership of the situation.
- Understands the technical aspects of products and services to a degree that effectively facilitates the order process. Keeps all literature and technical information current and accessible as it relates to products and services offered.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing in a business-like and professional manner.
- Promotes additional sales of products and services related to orders received from customers.
- Follows up with customers to ensure they are kept informed of the status of their request.
- Completes training curriculum while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the Customer Service Supervisor or Branch Manager.
- Degree or compatible skills experience required in business-related field, supply chain, operations, logistics, or similar.
- Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills, including MS Office.
- JD Edwards World and/or AS/400 a plus.
- 5 years Customer Service experience in high volume distribution center environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.