Warehouse Attendant - Richmond, VA
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Position performs repetitive or routine duties while operating required equipment to retrieve or stock desired materials. Position requires knowledge of all shipping, receiving, and packing processes and standards set by the company.|
The hours of this position are 6am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Operates forklift in order to pick orders or receive in stock.
- Uses forklift to load and unload pipe and other material from flat bed and/or box type trailers.
- Pick orders by utilizing RF technology and/or by identifying items on a paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description. Utilize JDE operating system in inquiries for shipping and receiving functions.
- Lift boxes of material to and from locations for shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
- During packing confirm correct material pulled during picking process.
- Ensure all materials a packed properly.
- Utilize Varsity system to get packed materials shipped correctly.
- Operates shrink wrap machine to ready crates and boxes for loading process.
- Operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the warehouse lead, warehouse manager, or branch operations manager.
- Minimum of 6 months in a previous warehouse or material handler position.
- Basic keypad and/or keyboard skills.
- Prior experience with RF technology used in bar coding environment helpful.
- 1 year working in a multitask environment while under time constraints.
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.