Training Specialist - Customer Service, Columbus, OH
|Location:||Columbus , OH|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Training Specialist - Customer Service will oversee development & training for Viking Customer Service function throughout the organization. The Training Specialist will standardize training for all CSRs and related employees.
The Training Specialist can expect to travel 3 weeks of each month in the first year and then at least 25% of the time after the first year. Viking is searching for intersted candidates who are located in the Columbus, OH or Carol Stream (Chicago), IL.
Viking offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
- The Training Specialist will develop a basic and advanced training curriculum for Customer Service Training throughout the Viking organization. This would include training at Viking SupplyNet, Viking Fabrication, and Viking Corporation. Training would include knowledge of software, proper telephone / face to face communication, product knowledge, and order entry / processing.
- The Training Specialist will stay abreast of new product introductions, shipping policy changes, pricing policies & rate changes, new vendors and incorporate any changes into the day to day CSR calls.
- Responsible for standardization of training for new and existing customer service personnel
- Research, develop, design and implement a robust Customer Service training program to be utilized across all geographical locations.
- Experience creating job aids, job reference modules, instructor led learning, and eLearnings.
- Conduct periodic audits at VSN / VFS locations to insure that proper training procedures are being followed and effectiveness of process.
- The Training Specialist will confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies
- Stay abreast with instructional methods and incorporate in optimum solutions to minimize cost of training yet insure desired knowledge level
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training
- Maintain trainee record's
- Investigate breakdowns in providing optimum customer service and present solutions to prevent errors / problems from surfacing again
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes - internal and external - and then providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the customer service performance
- Bachelor\\\'s degree and a minimum of 10 years experience in a CSR capacity.
- A Training Certification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of the fire protection industry, the contractor channel and how Viking goes to market, and proven customer service training is also desirable.
- Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.